Eileen Hafften Memorial Scholarship Fund
This scholarship fund was created in honor of Eileen Hafften. Eileen served Eastside Meals on Wheels as Executive Director for 18 years (2001-2019).
Eileen was known in the Eastside neighborhoods for her deep commitment to our volunteers and clients. In establishing this scholarship, the Hafften family wish to recognize volunteerism and community service within the Eastside Meals on Wheels community. Eileen was a lifelong volunteer and greatly appreciated the service of others who volunteered.
- Be involved in hunger relief efforts in our service area OR have volunteered with Eastside Meals on Wheels or have a family member who has volunteered with Eastside Meals on Wheels
- Use the scholarship for post-secondary education (trade school, college, continuation study)
The Applicant Must Demonstrate Their:
- Relationship to Northeast Minneapolis, Southeast Minneapolis, and/or St. Anthony Village
- History of community service and volunteerism
- Plans for post-secondary education
- Education goals and projected benefits to the applicant and the community
April 10th, 2021 by 11:00 PM
Download and complete the Eileen Hafften Memorial Scholarship fillable form
The Eileen Hafften Memorial Scholarship also requires a personal statement of no mhttp://www.eastsidemeals.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Eileen-Hafften-Memorial-Scholarship-fillable-form.pdfore than 900 words addressing how your volunteer and community service activities benefited your community and yourself and what you learned about volunteerism.
*High school applicants must include a letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, coach or supervisor.*
Submit your materials to Jessie@eastsidemeals.org or mail them to Eastside Meals on Wheels, 1510 33rd Avenue NE, Minneapolis, MN 55418.
For more information call Eastside Meals on Wheels at (612) 277-2529.